Friday 9 October 2015

About Access Relic

Morning all. I used to develop database applications using Access. I got pretty good at it too, to the extent that at one point I was in discussions about writing a textbook on the subject. I also used to maintain a website full of handy hints, tips and pointers for Access developers of all skill levels. I also offered plenty of code samples, some add-ins and freeware, and sample databases. It was a popular site, once upon a time.

Jobs change, and I don't get to do much with Access any more, I'm sorry to say. And the host I used for the old website pulled their free hosting, so that's gone too. I've still got all the old content though, so my plan is to release it gradually on here and ensure that it's still "out there" and available to anyone who might find it useful. Some of the content might be a bit dated (I doubt many of you remember Access 1.1 and 2) but I'll put the whole lot up, eventually, and let you decide for yourself.

The old website used to be called Accessory, but in starting this new blog it's time to acknowledge what I am now ... an Access Relic.

The small print, about you

The purpose of Access Relic is to share knowledge with other developers. However, to preserve the integrity of this site's content, and to follow common developer courtesy, the following conditions for use of code on this site must be observed:

  • You may use any code here in any application you develop, provided a reference to this site is included in source code and associated documentation.
  • You may not copy, redistribute or republish any source code code from this site in any form, including redistributing the code on the web, in zip files, or on CD collections. If you want to use something you find here please link users to the corresponding page(s) of this site.
  • In other words, anything that lets you capitalise on my generous nature is just not on.

The other small print, covering me

The author of this site expressly disclaims any warranty for the code contained herein. The code and any related documentation is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the code remains with you. Furthermore, in no event shall the author of this site be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use this code, even if the author of this site has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment